The next International Meeting on Mediterranean Architectural Heritage will be held in Genoa from 20 to 22 September 2017.
This meeting is organized by the Department of Sciences for Architecture (already known as DSA) of the Università degli Studi di Genova, in collaboration with CNR-ICVBC (Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche, Istituto per la Conservazione e Valorizzazione dei Beni Culturali di Firenze).
The conference title is « Conservation and promotion of architectural and landscape heritage of the Mediterranean coastal sites »
The official languages of the conference are French and English.
The following topics will be discussed in RIPAM 2017:
Conservation and promotion of architecture and landscapes of the coastal sites
– Ports infrastructures and architecture
– Industrial and Transport Architecture
– History and evolution of the coastal landscape
– The Waterfront
Knowledge and conservation strategy of Mediterranean architectural heritage
– Studies and analyses of the architectures: characterization, instruments
– Lost heritage: recovery through knowledge, reconstruction,….
– Reconversion of architectural heritage
– Specific features and styles of the Mediterranean architectural heritage
– Architectural projects: management shared with the population
The conference will publish the “abstracts book” and (later on) the final acts.